Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Friday, July 21, 2006
Monday, July 17, 2006
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Monday, July 10, 2006
Friday, July 7, 2006
One year ago on Saturday (July 9)…
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
I was sitting in a restaurant with two coworkers, celebrating the fact that 45 minutes earlier I had turned in the last of my paperwork and was now officially waiting for a referral when my phone rang with an unidentified number. It was my social worker, and quite unbelievably she was calling me with a referral. One year ago I raced back to the office to open an e-mail with an attachment. One year ago, up popped the photo of the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen in my life, my baby girl! My head has been spinning ever since. My life continues to change in the most wonderful and unpredictable ways. It has only been one calendar year, but it might as well be a lifetime. We are celebrating on Saturday by going to the zoo and to a state park for “camping”. Thank you all so much for being a part of this amazing adventure. Stacy
Thursday, July 6, 2006
Don't you love photo updates???? These are actually from Ethiopia, a little glimpse into the past!
1. Lucy (Eskedar) with Tesfaye the very helpful man who worked at the care center. Just found out today that Tesfaye is now engaged!
2. Lucy and Viviane, she went home with her mom and dad the same day Lucy did!
3. Lucy and 4 yr old Tarique, who now lives in New Brighton
4. Lucy in the bjorn on an outing in Addis Ababa
5. Lucy and her favorite nurse.
6. Lucy moments after I first met her