Thursday, August 17, 2006

Maybe she's really 2?

Yes everyone ... I know I have always wanted my daughter to have some spunk but when her "spunk" ends up exhausting both of us then it's time for some good old fashioned meekness.  OH boy did we have a fight yesterday ... it started over Swedish meatballs (a "no go"), it continued over instant oatmeal (a real tear jerker) and then almost lasted through fried rice (later that evening), when finally through the miracle of chopsticks Lucy realized I wasn't trying to poison her, only feed her and she ate like a rock star.  I mean golly gee willakers, what happens sometimes?  I won't even begin to go into the diaper changing fiascos that have been occurring for the past two days.    OH this new grown up attitude might go along with her gains in walking skills, yesterday she walked, frankenstein like, from the living room into the dining room before coming crashing down, she did this at least twice.  AND she can climb up on her toddler bed, and even more importantly can turn around and get off the bed (as opposed to hurling her self onto the floor).     

No comments: