Sunday, August 28, 2005

Ethiopian Kids

Yesterday I went to a Children's Home Society picnic for families in the Ethiopian adoption program.  I finally saw (in person) all of the adorable kids I have been ooohhing and aaahing over during the past several months (their photos are on the Children's Home website). I also was able to meet and greet their parents and several Ethiopian government officials who have been touring Children's Home Society since the courts in Ethiopia have been closed.  It was very exciting to see and connect with all of these people.  I also connected with three families who are (like me) waiting for their children.  One couple has received their referral for a baby boy just a couple weeks younger than Lucy ... we think that they are roommates/friends over in Ethiopia.  Another couple has a referral for a 2 yr old girl, very nice people!   Always good to be in a group of people who totally KNOW what I am feeling and going through at this moment.  It makes me feel so much less obsessive!   I hope I will be traveling at the same time as some of these families. 

No comments: