Wednesday, August 10, 2005

just blathering

Hi everyone,

I don't have much to say because I am still WAITING.  I did get a new photo of Lucy, she's totally wrapped up in a blanket or towel .. but of course you can see that she's the cutest baby in the world.  Last night I went to a waiting families support group at Children's Home ... it was cool (that's coming from a person who hates groups).  I was in a group of about 7 women who are adopting as single moms.  A lot of them went through the China program. One woman brought home her 2yr old daughter from China last month, she brought her along and told us how the pick up went (not well).   I spent about an hour after group talking to two women who are well into the process (currently both are watiing for a referral), they'll probably travel early next year.  They are both going requesting daughters.  It was so interesting hearing how the process goes with other countries ... I can see how this process could be addictive (they warned us at the beginning).  My social worker was the leader of this group.  I plan on going next month.  Stacy

No comments: