Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Already embarrassing my daugher

Well, it's happening already ... I haven't even met Lucy yet and already I am in the process of creating a "bad name" for us.  I tried so hard, honestly ... to be professional and cool ...  I had an appointment this morning to interview a possible daycare center who may have an opening in Feb or March for Lucy.  I purposefully dressed up for the occasion, trying to look professional.  I left early, stopped in my coffee shop, sat down to drink my coffee and read the paper ... all was good.  I went to the daycare and really bonded with the director who is an adoptive mother herself.  I toured the daycare, meeting and talking to the teachers in the infant and the toddler room.  I stayed after the tour to chat some more with the director about her adopted daughter.  I went to work.  I was at work for about an hour when one of my coworkers walked up to me and said .... "Stacy, why is your shirt inside out?"  ... so Lucy won't be going to that daycare ...

No comments: