Sunday, October 9, 2005

Ethiopia

It's starting to sink in now...  I leave in two weeks.  Not only am I getting my daughter, I am also going to Africa.  I am going to Africa. This has always been the plan but it has just seemed like I have been planning more for a baby and the Africa part was incidental.  Now I need to start thinking about both things, the baby and the trip.  Here's one odd thing, packing a suitcase with a week and a half's worth of stuff to clothe, diaper and feed a baby that I have yet to meet.  What a way to start parenting!  I have never parented and I have never been to Africa why not combine the two?  OK, not a problem.  I have realized that the baby's stuff takes up a lot of room in the suitcase (she's small but spitty-uppy), the formula takes up a lot of room and I am quite unaware of how much she's taking and how often ... it's likely that I am over packing the formula but who wants their first big parenting mistake to be running out of formula 1/2 way through a 17 hour international flight?  NOT ME!   It's the same problem with diapers.  It's a good thing I have two assistants traveling with me!  

No comments: