Sunday, October 16, 2005

One week

I will be in Ethiopia with my daughter a week from now.  I am overwhelmed with emotions right now.  This was my last child-free weekend. It went super fast. The entire weekend was busy busy busy. Friday night - Sunday night with really no down time.  I am happy though ... it's so amazing how giving everyone in my life is.  I am really blessed with family and friends who share my joy and excitement about Lucy. On Saturday I met Zed.  Zed is from Ethiopia, she works with my aunt.  I believe that Zed will be my "mentor" for Lucy.  She already has given Lucy gifts and has answered a few of my questions. I can't wait for Lucy Eskedar to meet Zed. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacy,

I am so excited for you and Lucy to be together! In one week you will  be with her. How wonderful. Your waiting has paid off. When are you returning? Can I/we/ any of us greet you when you arrive home at the airport? I would love to meet Lucy and see how Mom is doing.

Congratulations! Your beautiful little girl will soon be in your arms.

Take care!

Mary