Friday, July 7, 2006

One year ago ...

One year ago on Saturday (July 9)… 

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

I was sitting in a restaurant with two coworkers, celebrating the fact that 45 minutes earlier I had turned in the last of my paperwork and was now officially waiting for a referral when my phone rang with an unidentified number.  It was my social worker, and quite unbelievably she was calling me with a referral.  One year ago I raced back to the office to open an e-mail with an attachment.  One year ago, up popped the photo of the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen in my life,  my baby girl!   My head has been spinning ever since.  My life continues to change in the most wonderful and unpredictable ways.  It has only been one calendar year, but it might as well be a lifetime.  We are celebrating on Saturday by going to the zoo and to a state park for “camping”.   Thank you all so much for being a part of this amazing adventure.   Stacy

No comments: