Tuesday, July 25, 2006

our children

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine ... and our conversation reminded me of how our children become tangled in our hearts and souls.  Joys and sorrows can be so close and we realize that each joyful beginning means the ending of something.  It's just SO MUCH ... I believe that's why children come with such wonderful things as "diaper blow-outs", fitful slumbers, teething, tantrums etc ... it helps us disengage for the moment from the intense emotional side of parenting.   Just this morning, Lucy, without struggle climbed right onto Mr Hippo ... I mean you would have thing the child just climbed Mt. Everest, the amount of laughing and cheering that resounded in our house.  OH she has quite the life story to share one day, and I hope that she feels every bit of joy and sorrow that is hers to feel as she starts understanding her story.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good Mommy!!!!