Monday, October 2, 2006

first day tragedy

So ... I drop Lucy off at daycare at 8am.  I stick around for awhile, expressing my anxiety about this loft play area they have.  I said, she'll go up these steps all day but she doesn't know how to go down.  I said, I have been worried about these steps since last week.  I said, she will need to learn ...   I left her at daycare at 8:15, at 8:45 they called, "Lucy was 'pushed' off the loft and hit her head on the floor, she has a big gooseegg, a swollen lip and she is acting sleepy, you should come get her" ...  It took me 20 minutes to get there, it felt like 3 hours.  I was so sad the whole time, Lucy was hurt and she didn't know the people who were there to comfort her.  I was a mess. I yelled at every red light, "you stupid light, the cosmos is keeping me from my child" ... I was a bit dramatic.  When I arrived she was snuggled up with the teacher eating an apple.   Her head/face looked better then I expected.  By the time we got home she showed no signs of being tired or anything.  On the doctors advice I just kept an eye on her and she seemed fine.  We'll try again tomorrow, but I am definately not feeling any more confident. 

No comments: