Monday, October 16, 2006

a year ago

One year ago, I was busy planning and packing.  I had my tickets, I knew when I was going to hold Lucy and I was jumping with excitement.  Saturday we had a gotcha celebration at a park.  It was a little early but we will be out of town next week, and I wanted to do it before it got too cold.  What fun we had celebrating Lucy.  I can't believe it's been almost a year since we became a family. I still faithfully read the children's home forum, and certain blogs.  It's fun to be connected with the adoption community.   Lucy is a riot as a toddler.  She LOVES being the center of everyone's attention.  She will run back and forth the length of our house, laughing, twirling, blowing kisses, rolling her eyes ... she is saying more and more words and is able to request three songs (twinkle twinkle, itsy bitsy spider and patacake).  She is great fun. 

No comments: