Sunday, April 10, 2005

Break is over

Well, my spring break has come and gone.  I actually got less sleep then when I am working!  I was catching up on e-mail and decided to go looking on the Children's Home Society website.  I found an Ethiopia forum, people asking and answering questions about the adoption process etc.  It made me so excited.  I found out that the process is still moving FAST.  If I can get past the income fear (the fear that I don't make enough money to qualify), I think that this adoption will happen really fast. It seems like people are getting referrals about 2 months (or less),after they finish their dossier and the baby is ready to travel within 2 months after that. So what does that mean in terms of timing for me??? Well, I am guessing I'll take this class in mid May or Mid July ... my homestudy and dossier should be finished within two months after that class so If I take the class in May, I could travel in November or December ... and if I take the class in July I could travel in Feb or March ... Of course this is all just educated guessing. Also the people answering the forum questions are reporting that their babies are very healthy and well adjusted.  The health problems they've encountered are mild and treatable.  Whew ... I am glad I read that forum, now the trick is to not get obsessive about checking the forum. 

stacy

No comments: