Saturday, April 2, 2005

Spring break!!

Lots of good things about today ... 1. got together with Sara who just returned from 2+ years in Thailand, Peace Corps.  She's here to stay now. We had an afternoon of catching up/story telling .  It's nice to have my friend back.  2. It was the first day of spring break. 3. Becky sent a copy of the reference letter she wrote about me for the adoption ... she made me sound pretty cool.  Always nice to read nice things about oneself.  This is making me SO ready to get on with the next step of this adoption process.  I just can't wait for this to happen and it's causing a lot of anxiety to be at the mercy of others during this stage of the process.

PIGEON UPDATE (i was just reminded of them, as I hear their evil warbles outside my window) ... My dad read that you can deter the pigeons by spraying their roosting area with WD-40 ... ok, it's not the violent pigeon genocide that I feel like, but it sounds like a viable alternative.  I will attempt this on Sunday and will keep you all posted.  

Speaking of violence.  I saw my first Lacrosse game on Friday night ... it was SO COOL.  I will NOT be taking my baby to a Lacrosse game .. baseball yes ... Lacrosse no.  I did discover that I get into the smacking and fighting that seems to come with the game of Lacrosse.  It's sometimes disturbing to learn new things about yourself.   I did temper the violence of Lacrosse with stopping to hear Phil Heywood play some good and peaceful guitar music at a coffee house later Friday night ... by bedtime I felt very balanced.

 

No comments: