Saturday, December 9, 2006

Lucy

Sorry it's been so long since I've offered written word on this here blog ... we have been so very busy.  First we had a traumatizing experience with Santa Claus.  The whole thing started off as a little annoying because the "Elves" were really obnoxious, and obviously were not in the Christmas spirt.  They rushed everyone, were chomping on gum, and very unprofessional.  I was trying not to get all grumpy and scrooge like because of the evil elves ...  We approached Santa to talk to him and high 5 him while the family ahead of us were being rushed through choosing their photo and their package (which by the way, some random elf already attacked everyone in line asking what package they wanted).  Lucy was fine giving santa 5 and he seemed ok, although I could have sworn while we were standing there I heard Santa refer to me as grandma ... I blew that off as something I heard wrong.  When the lead elf told us it was our turn I put Lucy on Santa's lap and she immediately started crying.  This surprised me as she's been the brave one about every other new adventure in her life up until now ... so I was comforting her and santa says "grandma, you can get in the picture with her if it will help" ... In complete shock I sat by santa, had the photo taken and somehow came up with the complete WRONG photo package, despite the fact that the crazy random elf had written it down on our magic envelope before the trauma happened.  GRANDMA?????  Really, I could have kicked Santa, but again I was in a lot of shock and Lucy was still a little upset.    Last night I got the nerve up to return to a different Santa to try for the good photo ... it was at the Mall of America.  We arrived before 4pm on a work day, and to my dismay, the nice elf said "two hour wait" ... Ahhh, I looked at my darling daughter and said "bye bye Christmas".  We went shopping.

Lucy is great.  She is talking up a storm, and just a riot of energy and humor.  She's still 100% adorable.  She has her naughty streaks as well, but she sort of announces that this side of her is about to show ...  She is growing and growing.   She knows that she is adored byt the world. 

No comments: