Saturday, December 9, 2006

Santa part 3 and a plan of action

My blog earlier today inspired me to try try try again.  After Lucy's nap I said to my cousin,  "let's go to the mall and see Santa",  she said something about being crazy, but she came along.  I got Lucy all dressed up in her Santa viewing outfit and off we went.  The mall parking lot was a real mess but we found a spot and headed in ...  Straight to Santa's line.  It was a medium-long line but we were determined.  We waited for lots of minutes, wondering why they were taking so so so long with this one family.  First I thought, "how nice, to work with kids so that they are comfy with Santa before snapping the photo"  then I started thinking "holy cow, if they take that long with each family, we'll miss Christmas all together".  THEN I realized that there were mechanical problems with the photographers lights, and that they weren't going to be fixed any time soon.  We decided to go for an early dinner then back to Santa.  We ate dinner, Lucy had about 55 meltdowns on the walk from dinner back to Santa.  Real live on the floor tantrums.   We spotted Santa, and a very short line.  My hopes were lifted.  We went to the line entrance, where the stupid Elf was placing a sign saying Santa was going on break and would be back in an hour.  AN HOUR.  Well darn.  We left.  I was feeling very down about the Santa thing ... then I had an idea.  Hope is restored.  This coming week,  I am going to get Lucy in her cute fluffy, warm Jammies ... head over to the mall where Santa works late and hope that Lucy falls hard asleep.  We will then have a peaceful wait in line, and I will take advantage of her ability to sleep anywhere and transfer numerous times without waking ... in my head I see a cute photo of Lucy sleeping in Santa's arms.... I also see Lucy freaking out if she wakes up ... Here's to hoping we have peaceful slumbers.   I'll let you know. 

No comments: