Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Santa part 4 .... stop the insanity

Ok ... This is getting super silly.  I tried implementing Santa plan of action number 4.  All was going according to plan ... Lucy fell asleep in the car on the way to Ridgedale Mall.  She slept through getting out of her carseat and into my arms.  She slept through walking through the mall to "Santa's Cabin".  The line looked short and my hopes were up.  We walked up the "no pager" line.  The old elves at the register looked at us and asked if our pager had buzzed... I said, no, we don't have a pager, do we need one???  They said, they are only able to help people who had already received pagers as Santa leaves at 9pm and it's already 8:30 pm ... and since it's just one small child, the morning would be a better time.  I said, "I work all day" ... she just shrugged.  I was really upset, like almost in tears upset.  I walked away a bit, and then returned to ask if we could make an appointment for the next day ... she said you have to be there in person to get a pager ... I asked "So about what time did the people who just got "buzzed" arrive to get their pagers?"  She said "about 3pm"  (remember, it was 8:30 pm at this point).   So basically, if I quit my job, or take a vacation day, and wait 5 hours maybe Lucy can see Santa this year.  Arrrrgggghhh it is so unfair. 

No comments: