Friday, March 18, 2005

Birthday

Well, I turned in my paperwork a day early!  Felt good to have that step accomplished and out of my hands. Yesterday was an adoption themed day. First I turned in my paper work and then I visited with Nathan Dong Ho, who just arrived from Korea on Wednesday. Nathan is 7 months old and seems torn between wanting to be a cuddly boy and an active boy.  Cute baby ... tired family!  His brother Isaac (who's two year arrival day is Saturday), seems to be taking this new intruder fairly well.

Now my job is to wait to hear from the application coordinator at Children's home. She will enroll me in a weekend long pre-adoptive class (i think that is what P.A.C. stands for).  After my class I get assigned a social worker (of my very own) who will come out to do a home study.

My other job is to learn about Ethiopia.  The history book I bought is slightly over my head.  A friend suggested I get a more consise overview and get that in my head before I read the more intricate version. 

No comments: