Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Sunday

For some reason I've been feeling anxious lately.  I think it's because I am in the first "wait for it" portion of my adoption process. Nothing for me to do now but wait for the background checks etc. to clear and find out when my next step will start.  It's kind of annoying.   There is an unsettled feeling to my life right now. People keep wondering why I am going for an Ethiopian adoption when I am so into the Latino culture/language etc.  I think hmmmm .... well, my first thought was Guatemala but circumstances seem to be leading me toward Ethiopia and I am all about going down that path right now.  Besides, I am a white girl who enjoys traveling in Latin America, speaking Spanish, and eating Asian food.  I am hoping and praying that my Ethiopian baby will learn to love and lift up his/her cultural heritage, but will also love Asian food and Latino music.  My life will not be confined to Ethiopian culture just because I adopt an Ethiopian baby ... just as my life right now as a white girl with a Scandinavian ethnic background is not limited to lefse and lutefisk.  I do look forward to the process of learning about the baby's culture but even more so I look forward to sharing my life with a baby/child and building a family.    

Let the learning begin .....

hasta la vista

No comments: