Sunday, March 20, 2005

Quiet Sunday

It's Sunday and spring is supposed to be here soon.  It feels like it will never come!  I have had my first experience at how long the adoption process might take and how impatient I am going to become.  I received a letter from Children's home acknowledging the receipt of my application, and listing possible dates of the preadoptive classes.  If all goes well (which I don't anticipate) I may be able to take these classes in May.  If there is a delay in getting my background checks, I will probably have to wait until July to take the classes (as the June class falls on my friends wedding weekend).  JULY seems so far away.  It's not until after I take the classes that I am assigned a social worker who does the home study and leads me through the process of completing the dossier.  YIKES.  Well, today I was thinking about how to deal with the possibility that a lot of the children in the Ethiopia program are orphaned by the death of their mothers.  In an ideal world, the child I adopt would someday be able to find his/her birth mother and make that important connection. This is all speculation right now.  I was just thinking about it.  Thanks to all of you who are taking the time to read my updates. 

No comments: